The first-ever BMW M Festival will be taking place at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on the 21st and 22nd of October. BMW car enthusiasts will get a sneak preview of the current as well as the upcoming BMW M models – they will experience hot laps and be able to book test drives across the BMW M Performance model range.
Vehicles on Show at The BMW M Festival:
1. The All-New BMW M5
The new generation of the BMW M5 is a statement of supreme engineering skill and innovative driving intelligence.
- The innovative all-wheel drive system.
- 441 kW engine turns the driver into the self-assured pilot of a high-performance sports sedan.
- Unbelievable power, precision and agility.
2. The Bmw M4 Cs
The limited-run, special-edition BMW M4 CS is set to bridge the gap between the BMW M4 Coupé and the BMW M4 GTS. The CS models are a unique offering which display motorsport spirit and performance while remaining 100% road legal.
- The distinctive front, flat double kidney grille with black-trimmed slats and the characteristic double LED headlights.
- The three-part front apron with large air inlets highlights-ensures efficient cooling for the six-cylinder, high-performance engine, as well as the M Compound brakes or the optional M Carbon ceramic brake.
- The new model-specific front splitter made of a light exposed carbon-fibre.
- Street-legal and reduces front-axis lift for an additional dynamic driving boost.
- Dependent on conditions and usage, features specific to the materials used can lead to operational noises particularly in wet conditions just before the vehicle comes to a halt.
The BMW X3 M40I
- An impressive 265 kW output.
- Equipped with the unmistakable genes of the M Performance family, the BMW X3 M40i pushes the limits.
- Agility, high precision in handling and the extremely high driving stability on every surface make it the undisputed leader in its class.
When asked to comment, Alexander Baraka- who is the General Manager: Brand Management BMW, Marketing Services at the BMW Group (South Africa) said:
“South Africa has been one of the top performers in the world in terms of BMW M market share and sales. For example, since 2015 BMW South Africa has been ranked fifth in the world in terms of overall BMW M market share and managed to rise-up to third place this year. It is therefore very clear that South Africans are big fans of our BMW M vehicles and – as seen at the international BMW M Festival held annually at the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring – we would like to use the BMW M Festival as an opportunity to inspire our customers and fans with innovative experiential platforms.”
Attending the Festival? Keep the following in mind:
- Children aged 16 and under free, all other persons must hold a valid BMW M Festival ticket.
- Test drives are not guaranteed, they operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- A valid South African Driver’s license is required to participate in experiences.
- This event features loud noise, music and flashing lights.
- Disallowed items: Firearms and anything event security deems to be a “weapon”, food and beverage, umbrella’s, chairs or furniture, a bad attitude.
- Permissible items: Basic sustenance for babies and small children.
For more information about the Festival visit: https://www.bmw.com
BMW is one of the -brand- Fleet used by Future Express, to Book your transfer and to drive in style view our fleet here: http://www.futureexpress.co.za/fleet/